Thomson Bike Tours - Powered by Bianchi
Three unique cycling adventures across the Italian Alps and the fabulous Tuscan hills
Internationally-famed cycling tour operator Thomson Bike Tours and Bianchi team-up together again to launch three new exciting and exclusive trips: Ruta Negra Italia, L'Eroica and Trans-Lombardia Challenge (the second edition). All guests will be equipped with Bianchi’s award-winning Infinito CV model – “The Hottest bike of 2015” (by Bicycling Magazine).
Thomson Bike Tours powered by Bianchi is a performance and luxury bike travel concept that offers world-class Bianchi cycling experience operated by the Thomson organization, with the best Support Team in the industry.
RUTA NEGRA #1 - ITALIA
July 30th - August 13th
1.700 km and more than 47.000 meter of total elevation gain in 14 days. That's the menu of the challenge to Italian toughest climbs from Colle della Fauniera to Monte Zoncolan passing through Colle delle Finestre, Mortirolo, Passo dello Stelvio, Passo Manghen and Passo Giau. "The toughest and most challenging collection of HC climbs you'll ever face".
Exclusively for this trip, guests will have the chance to test the new Specialissima, Bianchi’s ultimate ultralight machine – the ideal bike for climbing thanks to its 780 gr carbon frame, with superb control in the descents thanks to Countervail vibration cancelling system
Ruta Negra #1 Italia highligths
1. Conquer the famous Stelvio, Mortirolo, Gavia, Zoncolan, Grappa, Finestre climbs and the not-so famous but as much tough Colle del Nivolet, Colle della Fauniera, Monte Crostis, Passo Manghen.
2. Test and ride the World’s top climbing and descending bike: Bianchi Specialissima
3. Over 1000 miles (1700km)
4. Over 150,000 ft (50,000m) of elevation
5. The top support in the industry
TRANS LOMBARDIA CHALLENGE
Seven days full immersion across Lombardy's famed cycling terrain aboard the Infinito CV. The ascent of the Stelvio (2 sides), Passo Gavia, the infamous Mortirolo with glimpse on Lake of Como climbing the Muro di Sormano and Ghisallo.
Trans-Lombardia Challenge highlights
1. Inside Bianchi: go inside Bianchi's world with an exclusive private tour of the Bianchi Factory and Headquarters in Treviglio
2. Stelvio & Gavia: ride both sides of these iconic climbs
3. Ride one of the most famous loops in Italy over the Passo Gavia and the Passo Mortirolo
4. Passo Vivione, one of the most beautiful climbs in Italy
5. Madonna del Ghisallo: visit Italy's most famous cycling chapel and musuem
6. Muro di Sormano: climb the "Wall" made famous by the Giro di Lombardia
7. Over 50,000ft of climbing in 7 day
September 29th - October 3rd
This trip will offer a memorable experience with luxury excursions across the Strade Bianche in Tuscany riding the Infinito CV and a guaranteed entry to the original L’Eroica vintage event in Gaiole in Chianti. Participants can also purchase Bianchi-L'Eroica certified vintage bike and ride it on Sunday.
1. The Eroica: ride the world-famous event on a vintage bike
2. Buy the Bianchi-L'Eroica vintage bike, the only one certified to participate in all the international Eroica events, and get a free Bianchi vintage cycling kit (wool)
3. Choose your distance: 46, 75, 135 or 209km. There's an Eroica designed for you
4. Eroica Expo: visit the famous Expo the day before the Eroica
5. Classic Tuscan rides: enjoy three days of classic rides on the Inifnito CV throughout the best of the Tuscan countryside
6. Poggerino Wines: wine tasting and lunch in this famous winery
7. Siena: evening visit and dinner in this fabulous city